Friday, April 26, 2013

Cover Letter for Application to University Graduate Program

A sample cover letter applying to be part of a doctorate program or PhD program. You should modify this cover letter according to your experience and qualifications.

Dear Professor Anderson:

I possess a wide range of clinical research and lab teaching abilities, which I would like to contribute to the Faculty of Biological Sciences as a doctoral student. Please accept and carefully consider my enclosed application to your Ph.D. program in Stem Cell Research.

Currently, I am the Junor lab technician at the Bell Bio-ethics Lab, and, as you can see on the attach resume, I have worked for several years in DNA extraction, Genome research and SNP genotyping. I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Cornell University. I also have several years of lab experience- maintaining and calibrating genome scan and lab equipment.

My goal is to conduct meaningful research in the field of genetics. I offer myself as a strong researcher and lab technician with considerable energy and ambition, as well as enough years of “real world” experience to be able to blend theory with real life lab experiences.

I look forward to learning of the admissions committee’s decision regarding my application. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Adam Smith

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment